Since meat is a really important part in our family’s meals, we always look for the best recipes for meat dishes. One of best choices to process meat is grinding. Thus, you are going to buy a best meat grinder or you have already had one in your kitchen, these are some things that you should know to take great advantage of a meat grinder.
Having a meat grinder at home means you don’t have to buy the meat ground which might have been added with unknown chemicals and additives and, you don’t have to spend hours chopping meat by hand. Investing in a grinder of your own is a smart choice for having homemade meat ground whenever you want.
Then, not everyone knows about how to use a meat grinder right to not damage the machine and about different things that you could do with a meat grinder besides making hamburger or ground beef.
I. THE RIGHT WAY TO USE MEAT GRINDER
It is not too confusing to grind meat with a grinder, but we need to pay more attention to have your meat ground done when preserving this machine.
Most grinders are made of metals with large funnel to put meat in. The screw conveyer inside of the machine partially mixes food. With some machines, this part is powered by a hand wheel while with the others, it is run by an electric motor. The hole plate at the end of the machine decides the size of the meat ground coming out. Users can change the hole plate for ground meat on their desire.
In addition to those basic knowledges, these are something you should keep in mind:
- Since your grinder sometimes gets stuck because of the material you feed it, always trim things such as tendons, bones, excess fat or sinew of your cut of meat before grinding.
- To prevent fat from your meat junking up your grinder and turning your meat into a pulpous mixture, you had better keep your meat cold first, then chop up things and grind.
- Always keep your eyes on your meat coming out to notice if your little pieces of meat appear regularly and smoothly. You should stop grinding right the moment your meat stays in the plate for too long without falling to your bowl to unclog the grinder.
- Clean your unit right after using it. Putting off cleaning later will allow the meat to dry up and get stuck in your machine. It will be difficult to clean it afterwards and moreover, your machine will soon be damaged.
- Sharpen your meat grinder blades once a year to keep them work well and your meat ground looks nice.